Doubling Point Lighthouse
Arrowsic, Maine
The Doubling Point Light


ATTENTION: VISITORS TO DOUBLING POINT LIGHT ARE CURRENTLY FORBIDDEN DUE TO THE COLLAPSE OF THE HISTORY WALKWAY IN SEPTEMBER 2023. WE ARE CURRENTLY UNDERTAKING A MASSIVE FUNDRAISING COMPAIGN TO REBUILD THE WALKWAY. PLEASE VISIT THE "DONATE" TAB ABOVE TO SEE HOW YOU CAN HELP. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PROJECT THROUGH OUR 2024 NEWSLETTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE.


Doubling Point Light was established in 1899 as an aid to navigation on the Kennebec River to warn mariners of two hazardous, double bend turns on the northwest end of Arrowsic Island. Doubling Point Light is still an active navigational aid. It is 23 feet above mean high water and shows a flashing white light every four seconds that can be seen for 9 nautical miles.


The Friends of the Doubling Point Light Non-profit was awarded stewardship of the lighthouse in 1998 under the Maine Lights Program.


Our purpose is to maintain and protect Doubling Point Lighthouse and its surrounding property, to preserve the navigational aid for users of the Kennebec River waterway, preserve access to the lighthouse and property during open hours for historical study, interested citizens, and small educational groups. In addition, the Friends organization protects and regulates the use of the property so that it does not become a nuisance to the residents of Bath and Arrowsic, nor to its neighbors along the private, gravel access road leading to Doubling Point.
WE WILL REOPEN TO THE PUBLIC ONCE OUR WALKWAY PROJECT IS COMPLETE.





© 2023 by Friends of Doubling Point Light